Registration for new students for the 2021-2022 school year begins February 1st, 2021. No in person registrations. All registrations for the 2021-2022 school year will be done online through the district website: http://www.burnabyschools.ca/registration/
Please check this website to find out details about which school is your catchment school, the registration process and the documents you will be required to submit at time of registration.
A Parent/Guardian can register their child for kindergarten, if the child turns 5 on or before December 31, 2021, i.e., the child was born in 2016.
Students must be registered by a parent or a legal guardian and submit the following documentation:
1) Proof of birth date for the student (birth certificate or passport)
2) Proof of guardianship (parents’ or guardians’ as shown on birth certificate or other appropriate legal documentation such as landed immigrant paper or guardianship order). Note that a notarized custodial guardian appointment is not the same as a guardianship order granted by the courts
3) Proof of citizenship for both the parent and the student (Canadian birth certificate, citizenship card, passport, landed immigrant document, permanent resident card)
4) Proof of residency of the parent or guardian and student. This must include two items, at least one being from Category A below:
Category A: proof of ownership of dwelling or long-term lease or rental of dwelling; legal documents indicating BC residence; parent or guardian filing income tax returns as a BC resident
Category B: BC hydro bill, BC cable bill, Provincial driver’s license, provincial registration of automobile, Canadian bank accounts or
5) Immunization records
Cross-district Transfer Applicants
Burnaby students wanting to transfer to another school in the district must submit a Cross-district Transfer Application to the desired school during the month of February (February 1st – 26th). Cross -district Transfer application form can be found online at the district website: http://www.burnabyschools.ca/registration/ If your child(ren) will be new to attending school, you must register at your catchment school, prior to submitting the Cross district application.
Out of District Applicants
Students living outside Burnaby can apply to attend a Burnaby school by submitting an Out-of-district Transfer Application to their desired school during the month of February (February 1st – 26th). Cross -district Transfer application form can be found online at the district website: http://www.burnabyschools.ca/registration If your child(ren) will be new to attending school, you must register at your catchment school, prior to submitting the Out of District application.
The school district has established catchment areas for district programs, including French Immersion. Students wanting to enroll in Early or Late French Immersion need to apply at the program location for their designated catchment area and fill out a District Language Program Application Form during the month of February (February 1st – 26th). The District Language application form can be found on the district website http://www.burnabyschools.ca/registration/ If your child(ren) will be new to attending school, you must register at your catchment school, prior to submitting the District Language application form.
- Admission and Placement Criteria The school district has established criteria to determine admission and placement of students. Priority will be given to those applications received between February 1 and February 26, 2021. Additional ranking criteria will be used to determine admission should space in a desired school or district program be limited.
Please note: You must have your application in NO LATER than February 26th to be considered for the first round of applications. For more information please visit the district website http://www.burnabyschools.ca/registration/